This extension is not distributed along with Mercurial releases
Author: Pierre-Yves David for Logilab
This feature is experimental, to be used only by experienced Mercurial users that understand the underlying concepts
Code repository: https://bitbucket.org/marmoute/mutable-history
The evolve extension is an experimental implementation of the ChangesetEvolution concept. Most of its content has been moved into core except:
- additional history rewriting commands
- the evolve command to automatically solve troubles
- some user interface warning messages related to obsolete changeset troubles
The evolve extension enables the ChangesetEvolution feature, changing some of Mercurial's default behavior.
- history rewriting commands do not strip changesets anymore; they make them obsolete.
- history rewriting commands will work on any changesets, possibly creating unstable changesets.
pull and push exchange obsolescence data with other evolve-enabled repositories - this may have a performance impact!
Current official home page: http://hg-lab.logilab.org/doc/mutable-history/html/
2. Additional Commands
- extracts changes from a commit into the working directory
- gathers changes from multiple changesets into a single one
- discards changesets (using obsolescence markers)
- replaces a changeset with a different one containing the same payload, but with a different hash
- moves to the parent of the current changeset
- moves to the child of the current changeset
- automatically resolves troubles affecting changesets
3. Additional UI Messages
- a warning is issued when the current working directory parent becomes obsolete
- a warning is issued when a command results in more troubled changesets
First you have to download the extension code. Pick a directory <dir> in your working environment, cd into that and clone evolve. Like this:
$ cd <dir> $ hg clone https://bitbucket.org/marmoute/mutable-history -u stable
Then configure your .hgrc to enable the extension by adding the following lines (remember to replace <dir> with the path where you just cloned the extension):
[extensions] evolve = <dir>/mutable-history/hgext/evolve.py
Evolve requires the latest Mercurial version: 2.5