hg heads [-r REV] [REV]...
If you have just made a commit, that commit will be the tip. Alternately, if you have just pulled from another repository, the tip of that repository becomes the current tip.
Mercurial supports multiple heads concurrently within a single repository.
- a changeset that has no children
- the set of all changesets with the same branch name
- branch head
- a changeset in a branch that has no children in that branch (not the same as head!)
- active branch head
- a branch head that is also a head
- inactive branch head
- a branch head that has a child not in the same branch
- closed branch head
- a branch head with a closed marker
- closed branch
- a branch with only closed heads