This extension is not distributed along with Mercurial releases
Author: Pierre-Yves David for Various companies
(i) This extension enable and enhance the inprogress ChangesetEvolution work. See the dedicated page for details before using it.
Code repository: https://www.mercurial-scm.org/repo/evolve/
The evolve extension is an experimental implementation of the ChangesetEvolution concept. Most of its content has been moved into core except:
- additional history rewriting commands
- the evolve command to automatically solve troubles
- some user interface warning messages related to obsolete changeset troubles
The evolve extension enables the ChangesetEvolution feature, changing some of Mercurial's default behavior.
- history rewriting commands do not strip changesets anymore; they make them obsolete.
- history rewriting commands will work on any changesets, possibly creating unstable changesets.
pull and push exchange obsolescence data with other evolve-enabled repositories - this may have a performance impact!
Current official Documentation: https://www.mercurial-scm.org/doc/evolution/
2. Additional Commands
- extracts changes from a commit into the working directory,
- gathers changes from multiple changesets into a single one,
- dispatch changes from a single changesets into multiple one,
- discards changesets (using obsolescence markers),
- replaces a changeset with a different one containing the same payload, but with a different hash,
- moves to the parent of the current changeset,
- moves to the child of the current changeset,
- automatically resolves troubles affecting changesets
3. Additional UI Messages
- a warning is issued when the current working directory parent becomes obsolete
- a warning is issued when a command results in more troubled changesets
The extension is available on PyPi
To install use
$ pip install --user hg-evolve
Then configure your .hgrc to enable the extension by adding the following lines (remember to replace <dir> with the path where you just cloned the extension):
[extensions] evolve =